New Member, soon to be a Mesa 5:50 owner!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennyBob

Reaction score
Hello, I've been hanging around reading posts prior to my amp purchase. I just bought a Mesa Express 5:50 2x12. It's currently being shipped to my house, and the wait is almost intolerable.

I am not new to Mesa. In 1987 I bought a .50 Caliber head and 4x12 cabinet with EV speakers. I giged with that amp for years and sold it in the early nineties for some slick rack gear that was supposed to revolutionize my sound. I've missed it ever since.

I bought a Nomad 55 4x10 floor unit sight unseen, based purely on a great price ($750 US), reputation and prior experience with Mesa. That amp was mediocre sounding in my opinion, but I also play hard rock, so it may not have been well suited to my style.

I played around with some other brands and even some modellers for a few years, and now I'm back . . . for good.

I just tried out the 5:25 1x12 and 5:50 1x12 combos, and was instantly sold on the 5:50. I played each, back and forth, for several hours, and finally settled on the 5:50, but with a 2x12 combo.

I play a Paul Reed Smith McCarty with an Indian Rosewood neck, a Fender Strat, and a Martin D-15 Acoustic. I also have an 80's Charvel I'm making into my ultimate metal guitar - refinished and all new hardware.

I post pics when the 5:50 2x12 arrives.

Welcome back!

I'm kinda new in a way, but not new in a way. I am a committed Mesa owner now, and I'm having a much harder time justifying any other "booteek" amp purchases. I cant imagine they can be THAT much better tone than what I have.

Mesa is a huge step up from the mainstream retail amps, and I'm glad I finally did it. Only temptation I've not been able to stop is changing out the speaker a few times. I'm about to remove a Ramrod and put in a Delta Demon. Had a few others in there, too......

Back