New member with new Mesa amp here!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkyguitarman

Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is zach and I have recently become a Mesa Boogie convert. After a few years coming up short with various Fenders and Marshalls that I owned I decided to try out Mesa. I went to my local Mesa dealer a few weeks back and tried a Dual Rectifier. I was overwhelmed at how good it sounded but really did not need all that power and wanted something with onboard reverb so the sales guy told me to try an Express 5:50. Upon turning it on and playing, I was instantly sold. From the 5 watt switch to the Contour control, it fits exactly what I need which happens to be almost everything. I am a Jazz major at college, play in a country band for money, and like to jam out with my friends so I needed an amp that could cover all those bases. The thing that really blew me away though was how quiet the amp was when I plugged in my American Standard Tele and put the gain up and how responsive it is to my playing. I am just super impressed with Mesa Boogie sound and quality. I have one question though. Would it be possible to replace the rubber "feet" on the bottom with some Mesa casters?

I played a 5:50 today for the first time. Neat amp but not for my style. It would fit your style perfectly!

AFAIK there's no way to replace the rubber feet with casters. You'd have to have the caster bases installed. Keep in mind that you will lose bass response if the amp is on casters. It will sound a little 'tighter' though and of course save your back if you can roll it although it's not that heavy compared to most Mesas!

Congrats on the new amp!

Welcome to the forums, Mesa's truly are great amps. I've got an F-30, which is considered to be an older version of the Express and love it!

Nice choice!

Back