reverb problem on mark 4 help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark4

Reaction score
when i have my reverb on the lead channel or 2nd channel it just makes a high pitch noise and you cant here the reverb and it just destroys the sound, but it works on the clean channel fine? could this effect my normal lead sound when the reverb is still on zero? and when i kick my effects loop on it raises the volume and takes some of my distortion out even when know effects are on? could this be a tube problem?thanks

so probably get some new preamp tubes? so will that crappy tube effect my distortion sound because i know your supposed to be able to get bad sounds out of these but when my single rectifier sounds better i dont know what to say? thanks what do you think about the effects loop thing? because when i got it from the guitar store they ordered it from another one of there stores that had one in stock and lets say it didn't get packed to well box> amp> not alot of popcorn? thanks for your help

Mark4 said:
so probably get some new preamp tubes? ....when i got it from the guitar store they ordered it from another one of there stores that had one in stock and lets say it didn't get packed to well...

If its a new amp, the store should give you new tubes under Mesa's warranty. Even used, if it was damaged in shipping the store should take care of you anyway.

If you want to try something a little different, check out the hi-gain front end kit at www.eurotubes.com FWIW sounds excellent in a triple-rec. Havent tried them in MarkIV yet but next retube...

the loop thing probably also tube-related. Try taking the preamp tubes out and putting them back in...maybe just loose in their sockets?

thanks, for the info i will try pulling them out and putting them back in!

Back