How are the cleans and mild OD on a MkIIB?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the IIB cleans are the BEST out there... Honestly.. Just full of tone, very complex.. Mildly overdriven is similar to a markI, if that's your thing, then it's great.. An open back IIB combo with EV is a tone box for sure, and th EQ will definitely be in order to get all you want from it. The lead is not Mark III ish at all, but in mild settings is very useable. I'd prefer to set a clean, and push it with a pedal...
ax. :twisted:

ANY MkII cleans are awesome! Get the sound right to the edge and taper it with the guitar's volume and tone controls. Then add a DS-1 or whatever to get a REAL crunchy distorted sound.

Hi. I have a Mark IIB combo that I just bought. The clean sound is pretty good although I think it could have more bottom end. But I can't seem to get a good lead sound out of it. Not the singing overdriven sustain of CArlos. It's just crunch, but not good crunch if you turn it up.or else weak. I think there must be something wrong with it. I was thinking of trying to send it to the Boogie factory to have them go over it. Do they do that? I thought I heard of a factory upgrade to IIC+. Anybody know anything about that? Also, I took it apart and most of the caps are orange drops. Is that stock for a IIB or have they been replaced?
Thanks for any help with this. I love the Boogie sound and want to get it sounding right. I also noticed that the traces of part of the circuit board were dull and had a silvery powdery coating. Is this bad?
Thanks again.

Yes, the factory does referbs.

No, they can't change a MkIIB to C+ specs anymore.

Before you send it in, have you tried swapping in new power tubes?

Back