Sweet Sustain & Brown Sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaudiophile

Reaction score
Which Mesa Boogie amp boasts the best vintage tone? I know this question is subjective, but I'm curious to hear what people think. I'm more concerned about getting a warm, rich tone above all else.........gain capabilities and misc. features are not so much an issue.

- Shooting for plush cleans and creamy distortion, if that makes any sense to anyone, your opinion would be helpful. Thanks.

what about the mark 1 ? I suspect, that it´s a bit tougher to dial in but maybe more versatile ... ?
And what about the other marks? Can´t they all be dialled in to be close to the mark 1 ?

In My experience the MKI is a little rough, raw, a touch untamed. The MKIIC+ is polished refined. Neither can exactly copy the other but the C+ has more versatility. I like them both. Neither can be made to do a convincing Marshall in my opinion. I like Marshalls as well so it isn't a mater of better or worse just different. The Boogies do great Fender clean sounds that sound like vintage Black Face. Obviously if your definition of vintage is early Santana then the MkI is what he used.

I kinda like the Heartbreaker, gets a nice vintage tone IMHO...
I've also dialed in some sweet tones on a Nomad, 45 2-12.
I also like the Blue angel, and it takes pedals well, like a TS9 to push a little..
ax. :twisted:

Back