Mesa Boogie Mike Bendinelli Mod ? see pics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamme61

Reaction score
Just got this MKIII 60 watt no reverb ne EQ - it has MB initials on the back its a red stripe - does this look like mikes work ? never had a MKIII so not familiar with what this might do. thanks for any help

had to post links at the gear page here is the link

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/mesa-boogie-mike-bendinelli-mod-see-pics.2223112/

That just means Mike B was doing the final inspections that day. It doesn't mean the amp's modded. I've had MB and RGS initials on my IIIs. There will usually be a different set of initials on inside of the chassis from an earlier inspection as well.

Mike is meticulous is his work method. I've never seen a gooped-up part in one of Boogie's amps, let alone bad soldering.

There is both MB & RCS initials on most earlier Mark amps to show either Mike or Randall signed off on the final inspection. I suspect there may be some DW initialed amps also designating Doug West signing off if Mike or Randall weren't around.

I sent the pictures to Mesa - they said mike would never do this kind of work. I brought the amp back to GC where I bought it - still looking for a good one. Mesa also said that mike said he could fix it make stk but $300 to $600 estimated

Back