IIC+ tinny sounding gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamouzis

Reaction score
So my IIc+ lead channel has a really nasty tinny sound, it is very pronounced with palm mutes.like someone is hitting a pot and pan in the backround. It was recently serviced, any ideas what the cause could be?

Reverb is new and ive tried disconnecting it entirely, doesnt make a difference.

35 year old amp? More or less...

Might be a coupling capacitor in the lead circuit. They sometimes do go bad. When that happens, depending on its position in the circuit,
all kinds of crazy things might happen. I tell technicians, the weirder the problem, the more likely it is to be a bad capacitor.

Has the amp ever had its filter capacitors replaced? If not, it's long overdue for that critical maintenance item.

I've had a sound kinda like pots and pans when I would dig in an play hard. It turned out that my strings were hitting the pickups and sometimes my strings were hitting the highest fret closest to the pickups. Nasty, nasty sound.

Once I lowered my pickup a smidgen and raised the strings a smidgen, it sounded fine again.

Chip

Latest posts

Back