Advice sought re downsizing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I sell my Mark IIc+ Simulclass and buy a V:35?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Tiki295

Reaction score
I need to be honest - my MlIC+ Simul-class is too much weight and power for my needs anymore. I’m not getting any younger, I’m never going to play Madison Square Gardens or big arenas. It’s just too much amp. The V:35 is more usable to me, but I know I could never replace the IIC+, so this would be a final answer, no take backseys or finding another one.

What you think?

Just buy Studio preamp and some small power amp 8) (maybe even pedal-format...)

I voted "no" just because I don't think the V:35 should be your only option. There's sooooo many good low-wattage amps out there that the V:35 is not that special. Not that it's bad, it's just not as great as other Mesas I've played and you're kinda spoiled for choice in the 40W and below segment these days especially if you're planning to drop that kind of bread or fund it by selling a IIC+.

Other thing you might want to think about, attenuators and cab sims have come a hell of a long way from the old Hot Plates. I use a Two Notes Torpedo Live and a Headrush FRFR monitor with all my amps and get great basement level or headphone level results. That setup would run you probably a bit under a grand if you bought it new, but you could keep your IIC+ :)

Have you seen this?

https://www.boss.info/us/products/waza_tube_amp_expander/

It sits on top of the amp, and allows you to attenuate the power, among dozens of other features.

Here's a tone comparo I did that you might like.
https://youtu.be/j5G729T4Jwg

I think the Mark 25 & 35 are the best Marks since the IIC+, personally, and I've had them all. It's not a direct replacement- but it is very good.

Does having a smaller amp that's almost as good & putting a couple grand in your pocket seem like a good idea?

Back