Who's the new C+ guru?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henz

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been browsing very old threads from 2006 ,2007 ish. Boogie Babies was very respected and well versed with the C+'s. He knew them as well as MB. There were others as well but he was the go to guy. I see that he doesn't come on here much if at all. I hope that he is ok. Is there anyone that has filled his shoes for tech questions?

woodbutcher65 said:
I thought Boogie Babies IS Mike B. Am I wrong?

Confirming what Tien wrote: Boogiebabies and Mike B are two different people.
I speak from personal experience with both.

As far as your question Henz post it, you never know.
Also use the search tool, there is a ton of info to be found on the board

gts said:
woodbutcher65 said:
I thought Boogie Babies IS Mike B. Am I wrong?

Confirming what Tien wrote: Boogiebabies and Mike B are two different people.
I speak from personal experience with both.

As far as your question Henz post it, you never know.
Also use the search tool, there is a ton of info to be found on the board

Tien is no longer a MESA employee...and hasn't been posting on the board for nearly a decade. But yes, you are correct in your personal experience that Mike B is not Boogie Babies! Again, I've tried to get Mike B to get on here and clear up a lot of the misinformation that has now seemingly become fact...but he felt there was simply too much misinformation to tackle. Thanks!

Authorized Boogie said:
Tien is no longer a MESA employee...and hasn't been posting on the board for nearly a decade. But yes, you are correct in your personal experience that Mike B is not Boogie Babies! Again, I've tried to get Mike B to get on here and clear up a lot of the misinformation that has now seemingly become fact...but he felt there was simply too much misinformation to tackle. Thanks!

Ok then.... Since you've taken over for Tien, what's your name so no further mismisidentification takes place?

As for Tien being gone/ No longer a Mesa employee.... he must have been gone from Mesa almost as soon as started posting here as "Authorized Boogie" as that ID/account is only 9 years and 4 months old.

Authorized Boogie said:
Again, I've tried to get Mike B to get on here and clear up a lot of the misinformation that has now seemingly become fact...but he felt there was simply too much misinformation to tackle. Thanks!

No offence, but busy as we all are, it wouldn't put anybody to any great hardship to write ....say, one post a month, and less than ten lines of writing; thus redressing what he feels to be the most egregious misinformation here. As a rolling process, in a year or so, that'd certainly be a good start on an authoritative history, when put alongside the stuff already on here that MB feels is actually correct ( come on, it's not all wrong!). And it's not going to do anything but get "wronger" if someone from the mothership doesn't intercede - then where will we be?

Viewing it as a "great work" is actually a counter-productive way of approaching this kind of thing. Plus, as the board is widely regarded as a useful resource (maybe not by Mesa, but certainly by almost everyone else), it could be a great form of promotion too.

A company's history and authenticity is often held to be a big part of its brand. I doubt RCS would feel much different about this, if you were to ask him straight.

I've talked with Randy about forums....he doesn't look at them or care about them was the impression I got.
I would not be surprised if he never heard of this forum.

Mesa doesn't own this forum and there is nothing official about it.

Woah there!! What about this place? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/mesaboogieampforum77319/

C'mon RCS, clean here also!!

These interwebs places actually put so much bull out there, what's real? Can you imagine trying to fix it? The stupids will always be stupids even when shown actual fact based answers. "My opinion is now fact!"

stephen sawall said:
Mesa doesn't own this forum and there is nothing official about it.

So?

One of the commonest problems anyone will run into these days is this: that you will get to "own" all the wrong impressions, incorrect technical details and misprized history of your own Company if you won't take the trouble to correct what's out there.

I give you Gibson as a shining example.

It's a shame that he's so obdurate, if your testimony is to be taken at face value.

Perhaps he is as stubbornly head-up-fundament as you claim: I'll be sure to ask about this when I get my next service ticket.

Great non-sequitur you've got going there :lol:

I have no "gods" in the temporal world; on the other hand, there are a number of folk that I greatly admire. In this regard, Randall Smith certainly qualifies.

"Definition of obdurate 1 a : stubbornly persistent in wrongdoing an (sic) unrepentant"

I think we can take it as a given that English is my first language. However - I think my tone may have performed something of a fly-over in this instance.

I doubt RCS is as "shove it" as has been represented: I'd love for him to get past his self-appointed gatekeepers once in a while.

Not to mention - as a keen booster of the company's earlier work (on the strength of which the later amps' "authenticity" is finely balanced) I'm probably a worthwhile target for some re-education, if I've been inadvertantly peddling misinformation myself. A chunk of which has been derived from what Steve Kimock has written on the subject.....

Back