need help with a mkIII combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKIIIcombo

Reaction score
Hi everyone (1st post!!)

Im calling for help in this great board as I have a mkIII combo Blue stripe I recently bought which is dead silent, after inspection one of the 2 cables connected to the speaker is disconnected but I cant reach it as there is the reverb tank (inside some kind of envelope), someone knows how can I pull this tank out?
I tried everything but it seem stuck inside with a central strip which I could not figure out how to untie...

Thank you all very much for any info/help!!

Unplug the speaker cable and make sure it isn't wrapped around any other wires. I usually stick the plug to the speaker magnet. Lay the amp on it's back. Loosen the 4 grill screws to remove the grill. Don't take them out all of the way so you can use them to pull out the grill. Now you can remove the speaker to get at the terminals. Be careful when you reinstall the speaker not to hit any of the preamp tubes.

doh! in my mind I was stick to the idea that I had to access it from behind... will report back, thanks a lot!!!

oh no! :x Do not play through the amp unless a speaker is hooked up or you will cook the transformer. You can only play an amp for a few seconds without a speaker attached before you will do permanent damage.

Back