New Amp Day Mark III Coliseum first one made?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer

Reaction score
Just figured I would share as I have to do and have done some digging. There is a web-page out there that has these serial numbers at
K423-K500 which I think is incorrect. It seems to be a mesa boogie page. I have not seen a "K" serial number lower than 500 but have seen a few over 500. Also, I have seen 5 digit serial numbers that start with "2" for example 23188. If you search on Mesa Coliseum on Reverb and sort on "Sold Items" you will see a few that have these types of serial numbers. Also, there is one on ebay in germany with the serial K561. K596 sold 3 years ago on reverb. K554 sold on reverb 1 year ago.

The other thing I see with this one is the Chassis is a Mkii Chassis (has volume 1 and master 1 labels) which tells me it was one very early Mark III in general

This particular amp looks to have the "+" mod as well. Reverb still works but has the pot on the back, R2 footswitch input is where simulclass switch typically is. R2 volume is on the front where the reverb pot typically is.

It sounds much different than my standard Mark iii's (I have a red and a purple stripe) open and clear with plenty of gain/crunch

Any help to confirm or disagree with my thoughts are welcome. I guess I could try and find someone at Mesa that could tell me the history of this head...Mike B? I just do not know how to get in touch with him
Thanks!
Dave

coli1.jpg

coli2.jpg

I think it's going to be hard for any of us to tell where it was built in the timeline specifically. All Colis are awesome, though. :)

That said, if you ever decide to sell it please let me know.

Back