Mesa boogie clone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy74

Reaction score
Hi all, I don't know if I'm in the right section but I currently have this mesaboogie clone on the bench. Not exactly sure which model its based on but it has 3 separate switchable channels and mounts 4 6L6's and 5 12ax7s. It was a mess when they brought it in to me especially the filter section. Manufactured by an Australian company which has since completely disappeared off the planet. Abbey Harmonic II. Not having a schematic at hand I have based myself on both the mess that was in there previously and also on the filtering stage on mesaboogie schematics.
Two main problems at the moment....very loud popping when switching channels and bias is fairly low 25mA at 470vdc. I added an X2 0.047uf cap on the standby switch to get rid of the pop on the standby and that worked. I have also noticed that the clean channel is noisy and the 2 preamps are microphonic.

So all electrolytics were replaced, new valves and rectifier and diodes. The switching array is run by 5 relays.

Thanks for any help at all.

Without a schematic or spending ages tracing it out you're on your own really! Sorry mate.

Latest posts

Back