Reverb Tank for 22 Caliber - Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leegold

Reaction score
My 22 Caliber w/EQ amp:

Need to replace the Accutronics reverb tank. The number on the tank is from my amp is:498322, and another number on the tank is: 67-6-92.

So I'm confused because "everybody" says the replacement part is: 8AB2A1B...

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks, what a great sounding amp!

Pics:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1h6w6k83o/

If you look at the image of the top of the tank, above the ACCUTRONICS name, there looks to be a faint code printed there - barely visible. That’s the reverb tank part number. It almost looks like you can faintly read: 8AB2A1B

For instance, on the reverb tank of my Electra Dyne, there are numbers on the side, similar in format to the ones you posted. But on the top above the company name, mine is stamped with: 9AB2A1B. So it’s the number on the top of yours you want to go by.

Hope that helps.

Do yourself a huge favor and retrofit a full sized reverb tank to it. Get a tank, bag, and a set of cables suitable for a Mark series combo amp from Mesa, and a pair of RCA jacks to add to the chassis.

You'll be rewarded with better reverb and also slightly better cooling. .22s run HOT and benefit from not having that nice big chassis vent blocked by the reverb unit.

I installed a 2" boxer fan on my .22. The holes matched up perfectly to the vent slotting so it was a no holes drilled installation for the fan. For a power supply I just pulled the internals out of a small 12 volt wall wart and hot melt glued that into the chassis and tapped off the power switch.

Back