How to slave IIc+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamouzis

Reaction score
Hello, could someone tell me in simple terms how to slave my IIc+ into the power amp of something else? Thanks
e.g. i have a IIc+ that i want to slave into the power section of my mark III coliseum.

Alex,
From the Mk-IIC Operating Manual:

"The Slave Level control and Slave Output jack located on the rear panel of the amplifier give you a direct
output feed which faithfully captures the entire sound of the amp and preamp and can be regulated to
properly match anything from a mixing board to a power amp to another Boogie for a linked up
arrangement. Although a few mixing boards (mainly Yamaha) won't properly accept the Slave Output
signal and cause distortion, an absolutely noise free recording can be made with most other mixers. Set
the amp normally. Start with the Slave knob off. While playing, turn it up to provide sufficient signal for
your power amp or Line In on your mixer. Higher Slave settings and lower Master settings will result in
lower overall noise. Always run the Boogie with a speaker or load resistor (8 to 20 ohms, 50 watts) if you
are using the Slave Out. A Pre Amp Out-Pwr Amp In jack is located on the bottom of the chassis and
provides access to the junction of the preamp and the output power amp. With it, another Boogie can be
linked up (Slave Out of the first amp to Pwr Amp In of the second), or it can allow you to use the Boogie
as a preamp only.

For weaker incoming signals, the Effects Return can be used as an input and then the Graphic
would be functional. For Effects Loop use the jacks Mounted on the back panel. The Effects Return Jack
will interrupt the signal flow while the Effects Send can be used as an output without affecting signal flow.
If your Boogie should ever lose power or die out, always first run a cable between the two Effects Jacks
before proceeding to test tubes, etc., as such a problem could likely be caused by faulty switch contacts
in the Effects Return Jack."

thanks for the reply. yes i did read that but im a little dumb and still dont get what i need to plug in where. what can i say im a visual learner

so if i wanna slave my IIc+ into the III i would use the pre out connection under the chassis and plug it into the pwr in on the III under the chassis? and from there does the IIc+ still need a dummy load?

also the connection points under the chassis are not labeled so im not sure which one is which. how can i tell?

any help is appreciated!

I could be missing something as I haven't had too much experience slaving into another tube poweramp. Anyone else feel free to confirm or correct.

Slave out brings the output signal to line level, and goes into the FX Return of the III bypassing the III preamp. This way you're sending your iic+ tone to the poweramp only and not doubling up on preamp. FX Loop on the III would need to be engaged to receive the signal. The Slave out master controls the level - start at 0 and increase as to not damage your ears.

Guitar: > ------Instrument Cable------- > iic+: Input
iic+: Slave Out > ------Instrument Cable------- > III: FX Return

Very important to also ensure you have a speaker or dummy load connected to your amp outputs. Otherwise you will damage the amps.

iic+: Output > ------Speaker Cable------- > Speaker or Dummy Load
III: Output > ------Speaker Cable------- > Speaker or Dummy Load

Thamyz thank you so much for breaking that down, that makes a lot of sense!

Back