Mark iic+ Playthrough vid

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thaymz

Reaction score
Hi all

So I finally got around to putting something together to demo some of the tones in the lead channel of my DRG. This amp is just too good.

The playing is geared mostly toward metal / prog metal... is very much unstructured, unplanned with lots os shameless chugga chugga and some lead mixed in there. I would've demo'd other genres to showcase some of the other brilliant tones this amp is capable of had I been able to play other genres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsRnRnvaiQQ&t=1007s

I've overlaid some of the settings for each part. I left out Master and LM as these were set at 1 and 10 throughout the whole vid. Poweramp set to Class A through the original 1x12 EV combo that the amp shipped with. The amp and speaker are super textured when it comes to tone. Unfortunately my mac is on it's last legs so this was recorded just through my iPhone.

Anyway, hope you enjoy! If you want me to try out any other settings happy to oblige. Also if YT spam posts are not well received or this belongs in another section happy to move it.

Cheers
Themi

Amazing and unique tone, versatility and tons of gain. Mesa as its best. But you need a Boogie logo on your head :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I agree on the boogie logo. I love the flat vintage silk screen ones rather than the embossed.

I have a couple around from the original combo and a spare headshell. At this point I’m undecided if the c+ is staying in the black shell or going in a wine Taurus wicker shell with the boogie logo. I’d have moved it ages ago but need to source the fan mount. If anyone has a spare and willing to ship to Aus I’d be extremely grateful.

Nothing sounds like a Boogie, nice playing!
[/quote]

Thank you! There's nothing like it. Or any boogie.

Lupo said:
Amazing and unique tone, versatility and tons of gain. Mesa as its best. But you need a Boogie logo on your head :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is the iic+ in its current housing. Boogie and wicker. Half way there, needs a hardwood case though.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmLf4jPn

IMG_1762 by Thaymz, on Flickr

dlpasco said:
oh my god there is so much mesa hotness in that picture.

This is the full squad for now, sans the V which I sold a couple weeks back. It's pretty gnarly to say the least.

IMG_1872 by Thaymz, on Flickr

Back