Hello from Canada, with a couple Mark Series amps!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny2c+

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this, as I am new, but figured being as both my amps are pre-1991 I might as well do it here!
First off is the big boy, a Dec. 1982 mkIIb Coliseum KRG head with the Reverb on the front panel. This thing is in really clean condition for its age and still plays and sounds wonderfully, with some upgrades made for the sake of maintaining safety (leaky caps, etc..) plus the reverb was swapped with a proper Accutronics pan. No scratching from the pots or anything otherwise. My only criticism of the amp is how noisy the reverb pan is when you're taking the amp to a gig... literally every bump has the springs smashing against the encasing metal. Small price to pay for such huge tone though!

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/danielsunn0/library/Boogie%20Coli

Most recently I've acquired a Jan. 1989 mkIII blue stripe DRG, which absolutely slays! I'm a big fan of high gain tones, so as cool and rare as the Coli is, this mkIII is more my bread and butter. This one is in rough shape cosmetically, and I even got it at a steal of a price because it was somewhat messed up. A "tech" (term used VERY loosely) had gone into it and modified the footswitch to be used through the Reverb 1\4 input at the back, so that a single 2 button footswitch could engage any three of the channels. This mod left the Lead channel with so much floor noise that it was unusable, so I took it to my tech here in Toronto, a very well known and long standing tech with a great reputation, and he made it right as rain; keeping the footswitch mod while eliminating almost all the noise floor.
Another very cool piece of information I found out about the mkIII on this very forum is that the OT used in it is actually the re-serial number branded version of the ones used in the mkIIc+ amps! Knowing that I have such a huge part of what makes a IIc+ what it is begs the question, do I see about getting it shipped back to Mesa HQ to have it turned into a IIc++? Is that evenb possible?! I know the PCB's are quite different so perhaps not... Would it even yield a result that's different and 'better' enough to justify what it would cost if it was at all possible anyway??? The amp already slays entirely. Put a Airis or Fortin boost in front of it and it's just as high gain sounding as any current amps are able to do today. Anyway, I have no qualms with it as it is.

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/danielsunn0/library/Boogie%20mkIII

I also have two Mark Series cabs; one is a mkII cab, same one's that sold with the Coli's, and a mkIV half open back cab. the mkII has OEM Eminence in it, and the mkIV I sourced 2 EVM12L's and 2 EVM12L Pro-Line's in it. It is hands down the best sounding cab I own; it is also right around 200lbs with the cab construction and speaker selection... HEAVY IN EVERY WAY!

Anyway, thanks for reading all this, if you could stand to, check out my photos, and I look forward to being a part of this forum and the wealth of information herein!

I'm also a Mesa owner in Toronto! What tech did you take yours to? I took my Mark IV to Shyboy and Tex on Queen West and they got it back to stock shape pretty well.

Latest posts

Back