Help: Removing Mark IV Chassis from Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

Reaction score
I'm trying to convert my Mark IV Combo to a Head (just got my new headshell from Mesa today) but I can't seem to get the chassis out. I've removed the 4 screws on the top, the fan, the reverb tank and removed all the power tubes. I've turned the amp upside down but the chassis doesn't want to wiggle out. The side of the chassis with the guitar input seem to be stuck. The other side seems ok and wiggles. Is there another mounting screw or something else i'm missing?

Sometimes the bottom of the faceplate gets stuck on the grill or foam. Sometimes they can get bound up on the shielding foil on the top of the cabinet at bit as well. I had another Mesa recently with wooden blocks glued onto the chassis on either side behind the faceplate and those had bonded to the cabinet somehow over time. Just wiggle it out slowly and it should come out. I've had better luck with the cab sitting normally, not upside down.

Thanks. I finally got it out. Just hand to manhandle it a bit. I guess something got bunched up towards the front.

Back