Problem removing DC3 chassis from head!! NEED HELP!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zozoe

Reaction score
Even after speaking several times to the great folks at Boogie, I cannot get the chassis out of the head in order to slip it into a spare combo shell I picked up. I removed the long 'safety' screws going thru the chassis, along with the four screws going down from the top of the head. Somethings getting caught up as I try to slip it out the rear, and I would gladly slip it out thru the front, but the front panel seems to be stuck on (yes, the 4 front screws have been removed!). Any thoughts?? Should I lay the head on its front & gently hammer the front wood panel from behind, assuming it wasn't designed to be glued in place!!?? I"M BAFFLED!! Thanks all.

Didn't even know there was a fan. Are you sure? I'll check tonight, but I don't think there is one, & if there is, it's the worlds quiteset.

Does it have a screw in the center of the chassis that puts presure on the (inside) top of the cabinet? My DC-5 as well as my friends F-50 have this. I assume it is to prevent rattling. You would access this from near or around the power tubes in the center from the rear, straight up. If I had a digital camera I would take a shot, sorry.

Thanks for all your help guys, but I've tried everything you're all listing; that security screw near the tubes; my pith helmet with spotlight on top guiding me through the dark areas; the chassis is floating quite freely. There seems to be a lip of sorts running the length of the head that's preventing removal out the back. The ONLY way out seems to be through the front, and that front panel is stuck on there but good. I'm gonna get my largest screwdriver, a small scrap of wood to protect the front piece & start hitting away. Zen master says "whack gently"

I remember having a similar problem when I was refurbishing my DC3.

*If* I remember correctly (not likely!!!) a chassis panel was getting hung on some foil shielding that was applied to the inside surface of the upper panel of the cab.

Good luck!

Back