MESA Mark IV getting Mark IIC+ sounds.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen sawall

Reaction score
Any other advice on this topic beyond my question more than welcome...

Usually I prefer the bass heavy / slower attack voice of the IV over the IIC+.

Lately I'm trying to get my IV Lead channel close to a IIC+ sound.

Switches on the back are set to -

TRIODE
SIMUL-CLASS
HARMONICS

Front is set ...

PRESENCE - Pull
LEAD DRIVE - Pull

My question should I pull or not the LEAD GAIN / PULL FAT to get closest to the IIC+ sound ???

My question should I pull or not the LEAD GAIN / PULL FAT to get closest to the IIC+ sound ???

From the schematics Lead Fat does the same as 'Treble Shift' on the IIC+, so if you want the Treble Shift sound from a IIC+ then go for that (classic metal sound, most people pull Treble Shift and Lead Bright on the IIC+ for the lead channel).

So to get the closest to this kind of sound (assume that's what you're after?) then you want Lead Fat on and Lead Bright. Experiment with Harmonics On/Off (ideally you'd actually want it off) and the Presence level on the pot. On a IIC+ you'd stick presence around 5 and then crank it up for ridiculous OTT metal sound.

So: Lead Gain 7-8, Treble 8, Bass 0-2, Middle 0-5, Lead Drive 6-7. Lead Fat on. Lead Bright on. Triode on. EQ scooped V. Presence pulled and around 5. Then go from there - I don't have a Mark IV with me to check this side but side with my IIC+ but going from the schematics that should get you roughly in the same ball park.

Harmonics off, Simul on if required. Experiment from there

Thank you very much. Excellent information. My setting are close to that. I posted this several places on the internet and this is by far the best reply.

stephen sawall said:
Any other advice on this topic beyond my question more than welcome...

Usually I prefer the bass heavy / slower attack voice of the IV over the IIC+.

Lately I'm trying to get my IV Lead channel close to a IIC+ sound.

Switches on the back are set to -

TRIODE
SIMUL-CLASS
HARMONICS

Front is set ...

PRESENCE - Pull
LEAD DRIVE - Pull

You're spot on to what you need to do. Set it as above, pull all switches, and you're set.

Latest posts

Back