ISP Decimator ProRack for Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cesjr

Reaction score
Hey everyone, like all high gain amplifiers they can get quite noisy on the lead channels. The Mark IV isn't as bad as most amps out there. But still I'm thinking about getting a ISP Decimator.

Like every Mesa/Boogie Mark owner, I'm a tone fanatic. And I don't want to lose any tone I’ve worked so hard to get. Through research, the ISP seems to be the best bet. However, there has to be a trade off. Tone for reduced noise?

Listening to the sound clips on ISP's website, I cannot detect any loss of tone what so ever. But is this possible?

Also, I'm not sure what the differences are between the ProRack, and the ProRackG. Is one better than the other? etc.

Thanks,

cesjr

I've had good luck with the pedal version. But the rack unit didn't do the trick. I don't know why. I sold the rack still have the pedal.
I use old Rocktron Guitar Silencers in loops. They are awesome. I just use the gate section- no Hush. They seem faster than the DBX stuff.

Back