Just bought a 2C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpNorthMark

Reaction score
Hey guys I just found a 2 C+ that’s super clean and I bought and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. The guy I purchased from bought it new and had had stored in the anvil flight case for years and it looks super clean as he stated he only put a few hours on it in its entire life. It’s a combo with GEQ and has the original tubes in it STR-415’s. My question is it has the simul-class switch in the rear but all 4 6L6 tubes back there, anyone know if Mesa shipped this way? He states that was how he got it. Thanks

On the short chassis with the GEQ the switch is on the back next to the heat sink. The simul class amps originally shipped with a quad of 415’s.

It has the switch I was just a little a little concerned with the quad of 6L6’s, thanks for the reply that makes me feel more at ease. It’s gonna be the longest week ever awaiting its arrival.

Since the amp you bought has been sitting for a long time you might want to have a tech look at it. I would use EL34’s in the outer sockets or a quad of Mesa 425’s/Sovtek 5881’s. Mike B. told me the only 6L6’s you can safely use in a Simul c+ was a quad of red Mesa 425’s.

You’re wecome. I was going to suggest sending your new c+ to Mesa. My Mark lll SRG Black Stripe is at Mesa now for service and the lll+/R2 mods. I have an HRG upgraded c+ on the way. When I get the SRG back I’m thinking about sending the HRG in for the ++ mod and service.

Got my amp tonight and wow! It’s a combo made in 02/85 and looks **** near the way it would’ve come off a showroom floor. I’m not sure how to post a pic but minus one small blemish on the speaker fabric it’s dead mint. The sound is absolutely incredible the PT105 lives up to the hype and the STR415 tubes may be part of that but I couldn’t be happier. I need to ship it off to Boogie for a check up now sadly and await it’s return.

I haven’t A/B’d them yet as my C+ needs to be sent off ASAP for routine maintenance and I don’t want to push but the 20 or so minutes I spent with with I Prefer the C+ gain structure over my JP, although quite close there’s something a little extra the old C+ has the JP is missing, could be Simul-Class could be the PT105 but it’s got something special. The clean channel, features and functionality hands down the JP wins. Now when my old C+ gets recapped and a clean bill of health I’ll A/B them and revisit the clean channel and report back. I had a converted C to a C++ and it wasn’t as good as my JP so I sold it and I suspect you could have 10 C+ originals and they’d all be a bit different. That’s my 2 cents anyway.

UpNorthMark said:
I haven’t A/B’d them yet as my C+ needs to be sent off ASAP for routine maintenance and I don’t want to push but the 20 or so minutes I spent with with I Prefer the C+ gain structure over my JP, although quite close there’s something a little extra the old C+ has the JP is missing, could be Simul-Class could be the PT105 but it’s got something special. The clean channel, features and functionality hands down the JP wins. Now when my old C+ gets recapped and a clean bill of health I’ll A/B them and revisit the clean channel and report back. I had a converted C to a C++ and it wasn’t as good as my JP so I sold it and I suspect you could have 10 C+ originals and they’d all be a bit different. That’s my 2 cents anyway.

Awesome! Await the tone report in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back