Help using external switching to turn Mark III GEQ on/off

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LighthVader

Reaction score
I'm using a Carl Martin Octa-Switch, which has programmable external switches to switch amp channels. The R1/R2 switch works perfectly fine, but I'm having trouble with the reverb/EQ switch right next to it.

I'm not using the amp's reverb; I'm only using the GEQ. The reverb unit and associated cables are removed completely from the amp.

I used the original Mesa EQ/Reverb dual footswitch with a TRS cable, and that works perfectly.

Then I've tried both TRS and TS cables from the Octa-Switch into the same "EQ-Rev" jack on the back of the amp, and it doesn't work.

I'm thinking about trying out a TRS-TS cable (one jack is TRS, the other is TS) but I'm not sure if it will work and I'd like to ask you guys before spending any money.

I've emailed Mesa and they said that I need to find out which part of the TRS jack switches the GEQ on/off. I'm not sure which part of the jack switches what, and so here I am.

For what it's worth, Simul-class Mark III (Blue Stripe).

A TS cable will only switch the Reverb on and off. When a TRS cable is used, the Tip switches the Reverb and the Ring switches the EQ. Not sure why it wouldn't work with a TRS cable connected to the Octa-Switch if it works with the original footswitch.

Agustín Collia said:
A TS cable will only switch the Reverb on and off. When a TRS cable is used, the Tip switches the Reverb and the Ring switches the EQ. Not sure why it wouldn't work with a TRS cable connected to the Octa-Switch if it works with the original footswitch.

Yeah I'm pretty confused too. I've been messing with the front panel EQ switch as well but still nothing. I purchased a small TRS -> TS y-split box for $20 and I'm going to see if that works.

In the end I might just use my original Mesa two button EQ/Reverb switch, which isn't a big deal really.

Back