connection?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastmetal

Reaction score
I own a mesa boogie studio .22 + and I wonder how to connect 2 speakers in it.
because I connect one in 4 ohm and the other in 4ohm jacks and the speaker of the amp sounds more than the other.
please help!
the ext speaker is 8ohm.
Thanks.

Are your two speakers the same type/model? If not, then the two speakers may have different efficiencies, so the volumes will not be the same, even if they have the same impedance. I recommend you use the same model of speaker, or at least use two speakers that have a similar efficiency rating (also called sensitivity).

Another factor could be the cabinets you are using. If your amp cabinet is open backed, and your extension cabinet is closed back, then that will contribute to volume differences: A closed back cabinet will not be as loud as an open back cabinet, if you are using the same model speaker.

By the way, if each speaker has an 8 ohm impedance, then you are connecting them to the amp correctly, plugging each one into a 4 ohm jack, since the total impedance of both speakers together will be 4-ohms.

Back