Can anyone identify this cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg2

Reaction score
Some time ago, I inherited a Boogie cabinet from my deceased father. I've been trying to figure out what it is, but really can't seem to find any other cabinets like it.

Its a cream colored cabinet with a semi open back that is equipped with an EVM 15L. Has a Boogie Logo on the top left and an EVM logo on the bottom left. Attached are some picture links.

Any help in identifying what its for, or when it was made, its model, etc, would be helpful! Thanks.

H3e0v27.jpg

o8lrsaP.jpg

It is a Boogie open back 15" cabinet. I haven't seen too many of these. I have a black one just like it (without the EVM logo). I put a Weber 25W alnico speaker in it, and I use it with my Subway Blues, which I put in a head cabinet. It sounds great! Check out pics here:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64776

I really like Boogie amps through a 15" speaker, especially for clean sounds! With the EV speaker in there, you should be able to reach amazing volumes without a hint of breakup. Enjoy!

Halfback with an EV with Series II type label, and metal EV logo? I have not actually seen that particular combination of features all in one cabinet before.

I'd say it must date between 1980 and 1985 at a guess. I don't think the metal EV badges were made after that time period. (I could be wrong.)

It's a nice cabinet. No doubt about it.

If you want to refurbish it to like new condition, speakerbuildersupply.com has the correct blonde tolex and grille cloth to match, too, and the correct nickel corners, and the correct handle caps are Fender parts. The replacement Fender strap has a different cross sectional profile as compared the original.

I have the same cabinet but sized for 12" with an EVM-12L. Bought it used. Have always assumed it was from the Mark II era. I use it with my Mark IIA which is also blonde.

Latest posts

Back