Mark 3c+ weird buzz and more...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwman3

Reaction score
So I’ve been jamming on my Mark 3c+ lately and there is a weird buzz that won’t go away. I don’t know how to describe it other than it sounds like a grounding hun/buzz. I’ve tried the ground switch on the back and didn’t notice a difference, tried different plugs on the house and multiple houses so I’m pretty sure it’s not “dirty electricity”. Then the amp just seems to have no “tone” I don’t know what it is also when I’m on the lead channel it just seems that there is a lot more noise then there should be, the lead gain is only on 6,7 maybe 8 and the low end on the lead channel just sounds like a grumbly mess. So I’m thinking of switching some preamp tunes in to see what happens, but can any get what I’m describing or anything I can look into?

Unplug the reverb cables and see if it goes away. Also spray some Deoxit on an instrument cable plug and insert/remove it several times from both the fx loop send & return jacks.

Boogie serviced it last summer so not too long ago, and it was recapped.

If a power tube shorts, that can cause a hum or buzz. That tube will run very hot and the plate will glow dull red or even bright orange. You should smell the hot smell, too. So check on that.

So I swapped the v1 preamp tube and the reverb tube and the buzz is gone and it sounds and feels better like some of the tone and life of the amp is back. I still want to try some different preamp tubes Tung Sol Mullard etc... what other preamp tubes are y’all running if other then the stock Boogie tubes.

Latest posts

Back