Less Common Hardwood Amps and Cabinets

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s-fresh

Reaction score
Hey All,

I had pretty good luck finding some interesting stuff when I posted about 15" Mark Series combos a while back (http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=72925). I ended up finding one, and recently found another, so soon I will have two hardwood 15ers. Stoked!

I'm also interested in other less common hardwood gear from Mesa. Fairly recently I saw a 4x10" hardwood Lonestar combo, and a maple 4x12" cab... both in Southern California, just out of my reach sadly. I have a hardwood 2x12" Dual Rectifier Tremoverb myself, and have seen other 2x12" combos come and go.

Any other interesting non-1x12" hardwood gear from Mesa out there? I will post up some photos of the weirder stuff I have found over the past few years. I would really love to pick up a hardwood 4x10" combo or cab at some point. I would just about kill for a hardwood revolver cabinet as well. Not sure if they ever made one of those though.

Thanks!

There's always the option of getting a decent woodworker to make cabinets for you, in your choice of woods. I've made a couple. It's not exactly an "advanced level" woodworking project, especially if you have a decent dovetail jig and know how to use it.

I can make a hardwood rendition of any cabinet I can get my hands on for measuring. I'm far from the only person who can do that.

I'm very likely to build myself a quilted maple cabinet at some point in the future. But since I'm primarily a guitar builder, I reserve the finest pieces for guitars and not cabinets.

I'm a pretty solid wood worker, but for me it's more about searching out rare and interesting stuff than anything else. I have a bunch of super wide and long padauk, wenge, and mahogany boards, but it's more fun finding all the weird stuff Mesa had made over the years. At some point I may make something, but I already have more than I really NEED, I just like the hunt and finding new oddities that made it out of Mesa over the past 40+ years.

Here are a few 4x12" cabs. Sadly it looks like I forgot to save away the 4x10" LSS. :/

42359514764_d482a1c91c.jpg

41267261740_89f649e3dc.jpg

42173464535_225d1296e4.jpg

First shot I have found of a standalone hardwood 15" cab:
http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/boogie/198x/pdf/p0102.pdf

Latest posts

Back