Mark IIC++ Power tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpNorthMark

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been covered before but I just picked up a HRG C++ Head (upgraded from a C) and was wondering what anyone is using of currently available power tubes in theirs? Any suggestions and reason would be great I bought it for metal and have a bunch of guitars to use but mainly play an Ibanez Prestoge with BKP Nailbombs and through a Mesa 2x12 W/V30’s. Thanks

PT100 it appears, are you using the new GT speakers? I actually dig the C++ through my old Mesa 1X12 sealed ported cab with the EVM Series II that’s in it.

I don't have the 100PT in any of mine, but it's my understanding from reading that it operates at normal plate voltages, so any good 6L6 tube will be fine. I use Mesa 440s in all mine except the ones with the hot 105PT. They are rugged, quiet, and sound good.

I have older U.K. made G12T-75s. The newer Chinese ones are too fizzy for my taste.

I ended up with a quad of NOS Winged C’s and really dig the sound, aggressive yet still great note clarity. I had some 440’s in it when it came but the the C’s definitely give a better layer of thickness and nice tone to it.

UpNorthMark said:
I ended up with a quad of NOS Winged C’s and really dig the sound, aggressive yet still great note clarity. I had some 440’s in it when it came but the the C’s definitely give a better layer of thickness and nice tone to it.
Yup they are a good tube. Similar characteristics to the STR-415's (aka Sylvania 6L6's)

Back