Two Mark IV's at Blues Jam!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaMan

Reaction score
I brought my Mark IV combo to my weekly blues jam latt night and another guy brought a Mark IV head with a small Marshall 4x12 - this has never happened in more than 15 years of playing jams! Unbelievable - I am a Mark IV nut - he had is EQ dialed flat and did not really get the best sounds out of it...but is was still cool two Mark IV's side-by-side...

i was at a jam the other evening when this guy came in with a MkIV combo. He had all the pots dialled to death and the eq sliders had heavy lead weights attached. his tone was shred_going_on_sawmill and this from an early squier tele marked 'made in korea'. maybe the 3 fuzzfaces in serial in the fx loop made some difference, dunno, but I didn't think his tone was the best i'd heard from a IV, especially for the abba songs he was playing. Anyway, after we got his combo out from behind my new marshall stack, we agreed that it was cool to finally see 2 MkIVs side by side.

:)

I jam with some guys, mostly bluesy/rock, and use my mark III. The other guys have their opinions on what amps sound good, and I got the feeling when I brought in my ol' Boog, they didn't approve.
After dialing in the typical Metallica, AIC, etc. tones, (which they all seemed to be surprised to hear) I dialed in some sweet cleans, purring R2 Marshall tones, and even some low gain lead tones, their jaws dropped....
Now the other guitarists are asking questions about my Boog, and other models that may be good for them.. Of course, I directed them here, and some other boards, and told them of the Mesa tones...
No one has gotten one yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen eventually!
ax. :twisted:
BTW, they seemed a little intimidated by the knobs, but so was I at first.

Latest posts

Back