Price of an original Mark 1 Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue-moon

Reaction score
What would one expect to pay for an original Mark 1 in decent shape. Has never been serviced.

Also, do the original boogies have serial numbers?

Markedman said:
https://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75395

Looks to be $1,000.00-$1,200.00 asking price now-a-days.

The one I am looking at is about $1500. Too high? It if pretty much unmolested. I am just wondering if it is worth the extra $$ for an original versus a re-issue.

Like all the old Boogies I would say it is pretty dependent on condition and features. A really clean Mark I with GEQ/100w/Reverb and EV is going to go for a lot more than a worn out, unserviced 60w without GEQ.

They should have a serial number on a dymo label on the rear panel.

Can someone tell me if anything has been switched out.

qfy7Ndg.png

V9h6LFp.png

Drbz9hO.png

Wbj3xK2.png

Gi7ocgL.png

s-fresh said:
Like all the old Boogies I would say it is pretty dependent on condition and features. A really clean Mark I with GEQ/100w/Reverb and EV is going to go for a lot more than a worn out, unserviced 60w without GEQ.

I posted some guts. It's a late 70s Mark 1. 60 watt. Original speaker. I think it has been serviced, though I am trying to find out what has been done to it. It has reverb. No GEQ. Cab is decent shape. It has been used, but in a good way. Second owner. But the owner has had it since 1979.

blue-moon said:
s-fresh said:

I posted some guts. It's a late 70s Mark 1. 60 watt. Original speaker. I think it has been serviced, though I am trying to find out what has been done to it. It has reverb. No GEQ. Cab is decent shape. It has been used, but in a good way. Second owner. But the owner has had it since 1979.
All the filter caps have been replaced,bias cap and screen grid resistors have also been replaced.

MK IIB said:
blue-moon said:
s-fresh said:

All the filter caps have been replaced,bias cap and screen grid resistors have also been replaced.

And that is probably a good thing, right?

blue-moon said:
MK IIB said:
blue-moon said:
And that is probably a good thing, right?
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Yeah.All the the stuff that has been changed is just general maintenance although I think it might have been done quite a while ago now and I think it would be a good idea to replace those 2 large 220uf Illinois caps for Mesa BMI, Sprauge,or F&T caps.

Thanks for all the help. So tempted to pull the trigger. But nervous about taking on a vintage amp. The cab is in decent shape. Speaker is original and the seller says it all works. And it has been serviced, which is both good and bad. I probably would have made sure it was done to spec. But at least it has been taken care of.

$1500....just not sure....love simple amps.

One more question...the red heat shrink on the two wires by the two black and silver caps. What role do those wires play and is the heat shrink a cause for concern?

Looks like a splice in the wires thus the heat shrink.

Why the splice and/ or what role those wires play: sorry I can't help you as I don't know.

But as far as the splice was/ is concerned at least someone did a decent job enough job to wrap it with heat shrink tubing.

Quite a few changes there..
lots of non-original wiring..
the transformer between PSU PCB and preamp PCB looks definitely out of place..is it a choke ?? Or reverb tranny..?? Both usually mounted underneath.. the black heatshrunk leads mention make me wonder it's a choke..
Transformer star washers aren't fitting well and look newer the 1970's - although pic a bit blurry..
Black wiring to/from p/trans looks too new.. wonder if P/transformer has been replaced.. wot are the codes ?
Big (??220uf) electro next to preamp PCB looks outta place - thinking 30uf usually here..
White cloth-looking cable to rear-mounted pot looks not original.
All cable ties look new..

More pics would be handy..

Dave

Latest posts

Back