My DC-3 is on the way...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacto11

Reaction score
Thanks in part to some advice and encouragement from this board a few weeks ago, I am going to be the owner of my first Mesa Boogie in three days! After coming in second in a few auctions, I finally made it, and I've got the FedEx tracking number to prove it. I know all of you guys have been owners for years and most of you own more than one, but I am REALLY excited.

I haven't even heard it yet, but I am already considering changing the Mesa power tubes to JJ's. I liked them in another amp I put them in. After fiddling with it, I'll let you know what I think about it.

Make sure the EL84's are rated for a mesa.When I got my first DC3 tried all different tubes,the RCA's sounded great but ran so hot that I thought the amp was going catch fire.I now have the Mesa tubes back in them.A friend has a set of JJ's in his that were tested and picked just for the DC3 by Bob at Eurotubes and they sound great.I'm going to try them.Those little Mesa's have no bias pot so you have to get certain rated tubes. For preamp tubes I use RCA 12AX7A's in all my amps,

Back