NAD Mark IV A/B X2!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.flickr.com/photos/100168049@N04/40480904394/in/dateposted-public/

I don't need this and I wasn't gassy. Resistance was futile!
The price was right!! Transition model between A & B. Has the attached power cord. Serial #6XXX. It isn't mint, it's wood, bubinga I think.

Wowzer!!! I did not appreciate the Mark IV I had a few years ago. It did sell me on MESA/Boogie and at the time I thought that the Mark IV was the best amp ever but, I've been putting this amp through a work out and all I can say is, I might not sell it. It is a chameleon and a half and then some.
It isn't my favorite but it does do some things better like imitating a Fender tone. I've spent more time on ch.2 than any other channel. Overall, it has a "jangle" and is much more compressed than my other two amps. Very inspiring amplifier, it brings it easily. Literally a gazillion tones.
Thanks MESA/Boogie.

I finally had a chance to use the Mark IV at band level Friday night. I wish I had a video recording of the drummer's reaction after the first song, it was classic "holy crap dude, my God that sounds totally amazing, I mean totally friggin' crazy great amazing, holy crap dude!" This model is very bright compared to my first Mark IV and ch.2 sounded great, very useable. Now I understand Walter Trout's preference for the "IV-A" v. "IV-B" and using only ch.3 with no GEQ. The amp cleans up nicely with the volume knob on the guitar, more so than other amps. I messed with the settings and found I like simul-class, full power, mid gain, pentode switches all on, but I play with an aggressive style, YMMV. I also used a MESA thiele ext. cabinet with a celestion C90 in it. Power tubes are MESA 420 6L6's & MESA 447 EL34's. I haven't looked at the preamp tubes yet.

Mine is not as old as Stephen's. But I have no desire to sell it at all.

Oops, I did it again!! NAD all over again, yessssssssss!!

https://flic.kr/p/243AiYs

I traded a 1993 Fender Twin for it. He likes twins & I like Boogies. Two happy campers.

Latest posts

Back