Vintage Boogie Logo Plates

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s-fresh

Reaction score
Initially I didn't realize how many different version there have been over the years.

From top to bottom:
  • Original Mark I (no "TM" or "R")
  • Mark IIA "TM" version
  • Early Mark III "R" version
  • Flat/painted w/offset shadow
  • Mark IV, still available from Mesa

Not picture are the plain flat/painted version without grey text shadow, and of course the newest thick ones you see on the Mark V. Any other "Boogie" logos I am missing? I know there are obviously all of the MESA/Boogie versions from Mark II through Mark IV, as well as the standard "MESA" thick ones we're seeing on most of the newer Mesa amps.

40329709864_611c6934fb_b.jpg

Original "R" ones from the late IIA through early Mark III are the findable ones for sure. I grab them every time I see one come up for a reasonable price. Sometimes even buy an amp just to get the tubes, EV speaker, logo plate, and other little bits.

I bought a really clean Mark lll Black Stripe DRG wide head online last week. I knew it had a quad of 415's and the x101 transformer but the 12ax7s were Mesa spax7s. I pulled the tubing off and 4 are Tungsrams and 1 is Chinese military. I also didn't know if it was an HRG or a DRG until I pulled the chassis because it had the 1/2 power switch on the front. I always wanted a Mark lll and I figured if I didn't like it I would keep the 415's and sell it but I love this amp. It's really close to a c+. I'm going to send it back to Mesa and have Mike B. do the c+ and r2 mod.

xdg999 said:
I bought a really clean Mark lll Black Stripe DRG wide head online last week. I knew it had a quad of 415's and the x101 transformer but the 12ax7s were Mesa spax7s. I pulled the tubing off and 4 are Tungsrams and 1 is Chinese military. I also didn't know if it was an HRG or a DRG until I pulled the chassis because it had the 1/2 power switch on the front. I always wanted a Mark lll and I figured if I didn't like it I would keep the 415's and sell it but I love this amp. It's really close to a c+. I'm going to send it back to Mesa and have Mike B. do the c+ and r2 mod.

Nice! Solid haul. That is my main amp pretty much to the letter, only in a medium combo and the 105PT.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg0FlYShS1u/

Nice amp! My next amp will probably be a Mark lll with the 105 unless I find another deal on a c+. I’m always on the hunt. I found a pair of Groove Tubes labeled 415’s with a #4 rating for $56 a couple of weeks ago.

Forgot to mention, I had found a quad of GT labeled 415s recently too. When I bought my hardwood 15" combo I was so stoked to get the amp, I never even looked at any of the extra tubes the seller included. When I finally took stock I had to do a double take when I realized I ended up with a free quad of 415s!

Latest posts

Back