Mark IV FX loop section question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeppman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Please forgive my stupidity (I put down the guitar for a while but have recently gotten back into it), but I'm interested in getting a looping pedal for practice to use with my Mark IV. My question is, if I'm not using any overdrive/distortion pedals before the looper (relying on amps onboard channels) I don't think I can loop anything besides clean tones as the looper will only capture my unmodified signal from the guitar.

However, if I use the looping pedal in the FX loop, does this change anything? Will I be able to record and loop the signal coming out of the amp (instead of coming straight out of my guitar).

Or is there another way?

Thank you.

Short answer...Yes.

When you have your guitar plugged into the looper and into the amp, anything you do to the amp will affect the loop.
If you play the loop and switch channels from clean to distortion, you will hear the loop change from clean to dirty.

I'm sitting in a bar with a few shots in me as I'm replying to this...

When the looper in is the effects loop, the amp settings affect the initial loop. After that, you can play any amp settings without affecting what the looper has already recorded the initial loop.

<Toasted>

Latest posts

Back