I believe no fix for it..MKlll weak Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Athanasatos

Reaction score
A little longer explanation..
In my younger days I tried a Mesa Boogie that was either a llA or llB in a studio..great reverb loved it. I got it together and ordered from they're catalog a hardwood SimuClass combo w Reverb.In the catalog it described drenching reverb..at the time I ordered it they were making the two channel that I was familiar with and for a long time drooling on which was by the time of my order as it happens a llC+. When it arrives I instead get a beautiful burl wood amp but this thing has 3 Channels..?? And disappointedly..almost no reverb,.my main effect. Boogie decided to send me one of the first Mklll instead of really what I ordered.
I never was happy with the thing and they had me send it back to California where they did that Reverb mod described above which did hardly anything.And of course who needs a crunch channel. In the clean channel I put my guitar vol. on 6 and it's clean..turn to 10 and it's crunch.Anyway,no reverb improvement, eventually sold it and got a new MKIV hardwood..good reverb but lead channel just okish.Darn..and I really liked seeing my last name written on that chassis.
Anyway I maybe getting a llC tommorow from Original owner but will have to send it in for upgrade to+.
Sorry about the long post..I thought I was answering a person's inquiry concerning MKlll reverb but ended up as a new topic somehow.

On my 89" green stripe Mark III, the reverb is also somewhat weak but when I activate the reverb using the eq/reverb footswitch the reverb becomes much stronger for some reason

I have just bought a Kool Kat footswitch so I can try switching the reverb in and out in th ehopes that mine will get louder as yours has...

But I stuffed up and bought a used 3 switch that doesnt do reverb...

I noticed last night that my reverb sounds much stronger on the lead channel????

evilsole said:
On my 89" green stripe Mark III, the reverb is also somewhat weak but when I activate the reverb using the eq/reverb footswitch the reverb becomes much stronger for some reason

It's in the manual under the reverb section.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/media/User%20Manuals/Mark%20III.pdf

The effects loop in the Mark IIC+ and the Mark III are decent. I run my Mark IIC+ with an old Alesis Micro Reverb II. It sounds fantastic and you can control way more than the one-knob reverb on the Mesa.

If the reverb fix is already applied you could change R131 from 1.5M to 1M (same as IIC+) and can put R242 back around R131 as it was in previous models before the C+ for increased reverb output signal and dwell. Schematic here of reverb section on III for Black, Red and Blue Stripes:

Mark_III_3_Reverb.jpg

Thanks,

Jon

I recently bought a Koolkat 3 in 1 switch for my MKIII, it has a switch each for R1/2, Lead and EQ.

With my settings I play with the EQ switched on all the time, so I bought a stereo 6.5mm fitting and soldered it onto the EQ cable. Then I hardwired the EQ ring in the closed circuit position and soldered the switch to the reverb ring. I now have a footswitch controlling my reverb and drive settings while my EQ remains on at all times. The reverb is much louder or more prominent when switched in on the pedal, this sounds great to me but it is still nowhere near as strong as a fender reverb.

Ill upload a photo of my pedal board tonight with the Koolkat on my board.

I sent in my Mark IIC+ for a refurb and asked Mike B. if could bring up the level of the reverb. He did and it is great now!!! I am so used to using digital reverbs in the effects loop for more control, but if I have to do a fast "get your arse on and quickly get your arse off the stage gig, I would have no problem using the on-board reverb now.

Back