Mark IIC+ vs Mark V C+ Mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Mark IIC+

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Mark V

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

thrasher10000

Reaction score
Did another shootout, thought the V did pretty well here, definitely a bit more focused sounding than the original like Mesa always like to highlight with their newer offerings. C+ sounds smoother but not as tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boQXl0wb8D4&feature=youtu.be

It'd be interesting to hear the V in IV mode, triode, compared to the IC+ with PULL DEEP engaged (not sure if it was engaged already or not).

Yeah that’s a good idea, I don’t think c+ mode is actually the ideal V tone so I should do another shootout with both amps on their optimal settings. For that vid pull deep was engaged on the c+ and the V was set to triode. Settings as per the photos if you can make them out.

Was it a 60W or a 60/100 set to 60W mode? Both of which are Pentode. If you like the "Pull Deep" use it on the C+. The only "triode" in the C+ is in the outer sockets of the Simulclass models, BTW.

JOEY B. said:
Was it a 60W or a 60/100 set to 60W mode? Both of which are Pentode. If you like the "Pull Deep" use it on the C+. The only "triode" in the C+ is in the outer sockets of the Simulclass models, BTW.

Oh wow that's really interesting, I didn't realise the non simulclass models were pentode. The C+ is a 60/100 set to 60w, pull deep engaged. Triode setting was for the Mark V, it's a two-way switch between that and pentode regardless of which wattage mode you have it set to

Latest posts

Back