DC-5 use Impulses Response

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sputnik33

Reaction score
Own a Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber head and Cabinet I have had it since it was new. I have never attempted to use the recording out and silent switch mode and the new technology Impulse responses , so I had a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer.
does the direct Recording out have any type of speaker simulation on it? I am looking to use cabinet impulses so I am hoping it does not have simulation on it, or for use Impulse response speaker simulation its better the option " SEND " in FX Loop ?
If you people use the " SEND " Option do you use the Silence mode ?
What is the better connection for best recording ?

Thanks for any information you can supply.

Regards

The Recording out doesn't really have speaker emulation like the cab clone. The raw Recording output sounds like a little bit of high midrange is eq'd differently than the Send or has some sort of filtering. Something is happening electronically to the signal but I couldn't really say exactly what it is.

I've used the Recording out on my DC-5, Mark IV, and Quad preamp into impulses. I like the way they all sounds, depending on what impulses. I've been using the Kalthallen Ir. They're free and sound pretty good.

I haven't used the Send to record so I can't say much on that.

Back