Neil Young's early Boogies up for auction...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've got 5 or 6 photos of each of these toy trains and only a front shot for each of the Boogies!!! I want to see some more photos if I am going to pay a few thousand bucks for something!

That Bassman looks like a steal!

Here it is:

Page Item
132-135 guitars
140-1 Mesa Boogies
144 Guitars
148 Marshall Fender amp
154 tele super reverb
160 fender cab
172 hagstrom silvertone guits
194 marshall stack
210 gretsch guit
212 marshall amp
213 gretsch guit
216 69 Marshall head Martin guitr
218 58 Twin reverb
219n Marshall amp
220 left handed ES345
221 '57 gretsch guit

that's all the musical stuff their are trains, clothes, old cars, pa's and mikes and recording machines, too! 8)

If Julien's past pre-sale estimates are any indicator, I doubt most of this stuff will sell anywhere near the price ranges supplied. I think a hardwood head Mark I (with that crazy logo?) would probably sell for more than $2k even without the Neil Young provenance. A lot of those guitars seem crazy cheap as well.

s-fresh said:
If Julien's past pre-sale estimates are any indicator, I doubt most of this stuff will sell anywhere near the price ranges supplied. I think a hardwood head Mark I (with that crazy logo?) would probably sell for more than $2k even without the Neil Young provenance. A lot of those guitars seem crazy cheap as well.

Yeah, those estimates seem awfully low. They must be trying to lure more people into participating in the auction.

The McIntosh amps seem cheap also. 1967 Marshall Major starting @ $1,000? Seems cheap to me along with any of the other amps for sale here. Full 1969-1970 Marshall stacks starting @ $3000? The '59 Bassman, $500? Ummmmm?

Yes, those estimates are way low; I'm expecting some of this stuff to go for double the estimate, and maybe more....

If this auction was on my doorstep, I'd be spending a chunk of money. As it is, shipping and tax would kill it for me, sadly.

Its a weird setup...the whole auction thing. I see there is already a bid on the 74' Mark I 1x12" combo. So does that mean you can register ahead of time and enter a bid before the official start of 12/9?

Whew! $5k each for the Boogies! Way out of my price range. Here are some more photos of the head for anyone interested: https://imgur.com/a/ypksw

On top of the final bid you have to add 25% hammer fee, 3% if you bid online, and roughly 8% CA tax if you bought in person or live there. It would been another 36%... plus shipping!

s-fresh said:
Whew! $5k each for the Boogies! Way out of my price range. Here are some more photos of the head for anyone interested: https://imgur.com/a/ypksw

On top of the final bid you have to add 25% hammer fee, 3% if you bid online, and roughly 8% CA tax if you bought in person or live there. It would been another 36%... plus shipping!

Good thing you read the fine print haha:)

Speaking of reading the fine print, I was just flipping through a Mesa catalog from the Mark III era... in a small aside it says that the first four Boogies ever made were hardwood and went to Neil Young. Seeing how weird and raw these looked it really seems like these must have been two of those first four. That is crazy! Maybe $5,000 doesn't seem like so much now. I wonder if the winners of those actions knew that going in. Good for them either way. I am jealous!

Latest posts

Back