Mark 3 mod question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bustangs

Reaction score
So I have a mark 3 blue stripe and wondered about the c+ or c++ mod for it when I sent it back to mess boogie for service... Any input appreciated. Not sure.if this would be a good choice or if I should just leave it alone and just get the maintenance done, or.if it.would be even better with the mod done. Listened to.some videos comparing a mark 2c++ to a mark 3 but dont think that would really be an accurate comparison as I will be modding a mark 3 and not sure how it.will actually effect the sound... Any input appreciated thanks

One thing that is universal about sending an amp back to MESA/Boogie, it always comes back sounding better!

If you're playing a Mark III, you want as much gain as humanly possible so you never run out. MESA amps are the only amps for me, other amps pale in comparison when it comes to gain structure and beefy tone without added processing. Mark III's take a while to warm up, 20 minutes or so just to get good and will sound somewhat different day to day. Organic not Bionic.

When others complain I say, grab a different amp if ease-of-use is a consideration.

A bit late here, but I got the + mod done on my purple stripe, and I'm very happy with the result. It does remove a bit of the rawness and aggression associated with the III in favor of a more harmonically rich and balanced tone. It still has plenty of gain and will do classic thrash metal no problem, but if you like the buzzsaw qualities of the III you might want to think again.

From what I remember about the blue stripe I used to have, the + mod would have been nice to have. My purple stripe was a little warmer even unmodded.

Back