Rubber bumpers on Mark IV chassis necessary?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elegost

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm rehousing my Mark IVa from the original combo into a Mesa headshell, finally.

On the combo, which had sus-4 mounting, there were little metal claws that seemed to provide a grounding contact between the foil shielding of the combo and the metal of the head chassis.

On the new headshell, it has the foil shielding but no little claws.
There are little rubber bumper/spacers on the top of the headshell near each mounting screw hole. You can see them in the picture linked below
http://www.monkeymatic.com/pub/mesa_mk4_gutshot1.jpg

I'm wondering i should remove these rubber bumpers so the metal chassis makes direct contact with the foil shielding on my new headshell?
If i leave them it seems like there will be no direct contact btw the foil and the head chassis, invalidating any shielding from the foil.

I appreciate any advice

elegost said:
Hello,

I'm rehousing my Mark IVa from the original combo into a Mesa headshell, finally.

On the combo, which had sus-4 mounting, there were little metal claws that seemed to provide a grounding contact between the foil shielding of the combo and the metal of the head chassis.

On the new headshell, it has the foil shielding but no little claws.
There are little rubber bumper/spacers on the top of the headshell near each mounting screw hole. You can see them in the picture linked below
http://www.monkeymatic.com/pub/mesa_mk4_gutshot1.jpg

I'm wondering i should remove these rubber bumpers so the metal chassis makes direct contact with the foil shielding on my new headshell?
If i leave them it seems like there will be no direct contact btw the foil and the head chassis, invalidating any shielding from the foil.

I appreciate any advice

Just put the chassis into your new headshell.
No need to remove the rubber "bumper/ spacers"
The shielding wont be "invalidated" because there is no direct contact. :roll:

Latest posts

Back