Mark III reverb very faint

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrasher10000

Reaction score
My Mark III reverb is incredibly subtle, like barely noticeable. Only when I do short sharp notes with it on 10 and then 0 do I notice a difference. I tried swapping in the reverb tank from my Mark IV which made it slightly more noticeable, but it's still very faint. Is there an easy fix for this or do I need to drag it off to the amp tech? :?

thrasher10000 said:
My Mark III reverb is incredibly subtle, like barely noticeable. Only when I do short sharp notes with it on 10 and then 0 do I notice a difference. I tried swapping in the reverb tank from my Mark IV which made it slightly more noticeable, but it's still very faint. Is there an easy fix for this or do I need to drag it off to the amp tech? :?

There is an easy mod to greatly increase the reverb depth. The stock reverb level is very low on a mkiii

I got details sent by Mesa.

Basically it adds a resistor in line with the black lead that comes from the PCB to one of the fx loop sockets.

Have you checked that it works with a footswitch and the knob on back adjusts it ok?

Cool cheers for the info, interesting to know that the stock reverb is low. I don't actually have a foot switch for it but I've heard it should default to on. Is that your experience?

The reverb level on mine is also low - at least compared to the reverb level found in Fender amps. I tend to either have it at 0 or full up, and then it is just enough. But I cannot see the reason for having Fender reverb levels on tap when I usually set the control to "2" (of 10) to make it useable. But that is personal preference.

The reason the Fender has so much reverb on tap is that they attentuate the dry signal much more than Boogie did in the Mark III. What the resistor in line of the reverb mod does is to attentuate the dry signal more, thereby increasing the apparent loudness of the reverb in the mix.

Cheers Stephan

Latest posts

Back