Mark 3 why reverb before loop??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelpingFriendly

Reaction score
I was wondering why mesa made the Mk3's reverb come before the effects loop in the chain? Was there a reason behind this? Would the amp operate ok if the reverb was changed to after the loop? If so, could it be modded to do so?

I play mostly clean and think the reverb would sound better after my effects in the loop. So as is now the signal going to my effects in the loop have both guitar and reverb hitting them. Is there a reason Mesa did this?? Not that most people would want to do this but you couldn't put a wah or volume pedal in the loop because the reverb would get negatively affected by the effects. I think it would be cool to have a wah in the loop for a clean intense wah tone, but it fucks up the reverb. If the reverb was after the loop, problem solved! Could this mod be done? If so I would love to know how. I've modded a lot of my gear before but I can't read schematics for ****. Lol

Latest posts

Back