34 6L6 party! Mark Fest in my garage last night.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJgo

Reaction score
So I met this dude through selling gear on Craigslist. I thought I loved boogies, but holy ****. This guy is on a mission to collect the whole set! So, I told him to fill up his truck with gear & cruise over since I have stuff he hasn't heard yet, and vice versa. it was AN EPIC TONAL AFTERNOON!! Spent hours A/Bing all the gear with all our different guitars. I still can believe that just happened!!!!! Anyway I have a lot of new opinions if you have questions... Gear on hand:

Mark IIB S
Mark IIB Coliseum
Mark IIC++ DRG
Mark III DRG green
Mark III blue Coliseum
Mark IVa
DR Tremoverb
JP-2C
TA-15
Recto oversize
Recto standard
EVM12L Vert 212
...and my 1960B
ESP Hanneman
ESP Horizon
Fender Jaguar
Gibson SG

Initial thoughts on a couple that this is the first time I've played.
- The IIB flat out impressed me for classic rock. I did not expect to love it so much.
- The IVa was KILLER. I need me one of these. It is to that 90s heavy sound what the IIC++ is to that 80s heavy sound. There's a little sizzle still, but not too harsh like in a lot of the IIIs.
- The Colis are wicked loud, and sound GOOD. The III is the best sounding III I've played so far. I think the massive OT helps. I have to say, I can't tell you how awesome it was to plug the III Coli into the EV cabinet and play Still Of The Night REALLY FUCKIN LOUD. Proper Coli volume!! That's so much amp.
- None of the Marks can fill out the OS cab like the Recto can.

Anyway I had to share. Shoot me some questions!

file.php

Nice one - it looks a bit like our rehearsal room when my brother and I get together, only much tidier.....

I hope to add a Coli III some day too: they are truly awesome.

Right on! Invasion of Boogies - lol.

I'd say I have three of those Boogies:

Mark IIB Coliseum 300 Series
Trem-o-Verb
TA-15

I do have Maverick. Pictures to come at a later date.

Latest posts

Back