Dual caliber troubleshoot

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC10

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my dc10 combo. After playing for a few minutes the bass seems to intermittently fade out then back in. And occasionally the highs will do the same. I've noticed this on the lead channel by not the rhythm. I play mostly on the lead channel. While this is happening I've tried messing with the knobs and we but those don't seem to be the problem. Also. I just retuned it to make sure that that wasn't the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So i opened it up today and their appears to be a burnt 1k resistor. If u look at the schematic I t's the 1k from C. It also seems that the pcb has been repaired at some point. I'll have to order that resistor any other issues I should look for? I have replaced all the tubes so if one was bad that shouldn't be a concern.
Not sure why the traces are overheating. Should I wire these 1k resistors off board directly to the wires bypassing the pcb?

Finished it today. I changed out the 3 resistors between the B and C voltage. I swapped out the 5watt 1k5 and left a little space under the pcb. The old one was charred on one side from a previously burned screen resistor. I replaced all the screen resistors and wired them to the choke the cap and 5watt resistor off board. I also cleaned up all the carbon on the pcb, cleaned and re-tensioned the tube sockets.

I played it for 2 hours straight today with no issue. I believe this one is solved.

Latest posts

Back