NAD: Imbuia DRG Mark III+ Combo w/EVM-12L & 105PT - Images!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s-fresh

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wanted to share some images of my new amp. I had been on the lookout for a Mark III with a 105PT and finally found one on craigslist a few months back. It just happened to be in this beautiful imbuia cab! I had it shipped directly to Mike at Mesa and had him work his magic. He did the normal Mark III tweaks, the IIC+/III+ upgrade and also added a pentode/triode switch. I am stoked! It sounds great and is great condition. I'm hoping to get some extended play time in the next few days. :)

Mike gave me a heads up to use the proper tubes with the 105 transformer. I lucked into some 415s so I am good for 6L6s, but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for EL34s that they have liked?

Nice amp mr.
Obviously the best 6CA7/EL34 will be the Sylvania ones. The Mesa branded STR416 or RCA/Philips/Sylvania. They provide a thicker and ballsier tone than everything else, but they might be expensive.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. You've got some expensive taste! I am not sure I will have much luck finding these rare tubes but I'll be on the lookout now. :) :) :)

Have a good weekend, all!

Very sexy would you mind sharing how much you picked her up for and how much the Mike B bill was?
Did Mike recap her also?

Man, I'd love to hear some sounds clips of this one. I'm intrigued by the III w/ the 105, and the III+ mod.

tony777 said:
Nice amp mr.
Obviously the best 6CA7/EL34 will be the Sylvania ones. The Mesa branded STR416 or RCA/Philips/Sylvania. They provide a thicker and ballsier tone than everything else, but they might be expensive.
I lucked into a quad of 415s/416s for this amp so I will give them a try soon. :)

GJgo said:
Man, I'd love to hear some sounds clips of this one. I'm intrigued by the III w/ the 105, and the III+ mod.
If anyone in the Sacramento/Gold Country area wants to make some recordings they are more than welcome to come check it out! I don't have the chops for that kind of business, but I do have a decent camera and USB microphone.

Back