What do you use your Mark II for.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLDTEX

Reaction score
Greetings

Been listening to some of the recorded rigs on this page. Does everybody using a Mark series amp play metal? I am a roots style player enjoying a Mark II A. Am I bring a knife to a gun fight. Sorry for the phrase given to all the bad reports today. Just want to know what your Mark is used for. Thanks

I use my MkIIs (A, B and mainly C+) for:

Clean-ish blues - not my natural musical space by any means, but it's fun to keep at it...
Connors-esque fusion - again, not really my natural space, but I love playing over the changes.
Whatever kind of music you call Steely Dan (Yacht Fusion?)
Prog, from Genesis to Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree, and Happy The Man somewhere in between.

So not much at the heavy end of the spectrum: it's merely a minor interest in my musical universe. For example, I listen to Opeth far more now that Akerfeldt has moved on from the chugging and screaming - but I'm always fascinated to watch and hear other players who do it well.

Only half on-topic, but I use a Studio Preamp in a bass rack rig. Driving a 2:90 simulclass power amp, so I guess adding up to something like a supercharged Coliseum?

I use my IIA for absolutely everything except metal even though it does it well! Ive got a purple stripe MKIII for the heavier and 80's stuff.

It does blues, funk, rock, country, pop, jazz, whatever... I haven't found anything my IIA couldn't get me through convincingly. It sounds great with whatever guitar I use too.

I play Metal and rock styles on my Mark I re-issue combo. I also have a twin cabinet for it. I use a Tube Screamer into it, because, well, it's a Mark I!

Latest posts

Back