New Mark II A owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLDTEX

Reaction score
Well I have been viewing this site for a while. I have owned several Mesa post 1991 combos in the past but now I feel I have arrived with the purchase of a 1979 Mark II A combo. I like it. Never could afford it back in the 80's but now I got one. The chassis and electrical components are built like a tank. The cabinet is a little rough. Previous owners changed the speakers to often and the baffle is pretty worn out.

Any tips or mods that anybody can educate me on. I live in Texas in the DFW area so any tech resources would be nice. Thanks

Congratulations on the IIA! I've had mine for almost 10 years now. 60/100, reverb, no GEQ. Beautiful full cleans and a nice smooth lead channel. Quiet at idle. Blonde with wicker...what's not to love?? JBL K120 in mine, also have a matching cab with EVM 12L. Not for sale!

Tell us more about your amp, please!

Snottyboy said:
Tell us more about your amp, please!

I am not much of expert on the Mark II A but what I got was a 60 what combo with reverb and with I believe the original Eminence speaker. It was made in 79. It looks like the filter caps have bin replaced but I don't know if the Fetron is still working. Still getting to know her. Love the clean.

Not a ton of IIA info around. This forum really helps. Enjoy the honeymoon phase, and take your time learning how your amp responds with different settings. Most important...use your ears!

Latest posts

Back