Advice needed: prepping my Mark II C+ to sell (tune-up?)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Michael

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am the original owner of a Mark IIC+ from 1984. It's Simulclass, no reverb, graphic EQ, EV speaker, white with black face. I would like to sell it.

This amp has barely been played. I personally, for various reasons, have maybe 100 hours on it in 33 years. Anyway... The amp sounds great as far as guitar notes go but it kind of makes periodic non-music related sounds (e.g., popping) and stuff. I assume that a shop needs to go through it and get some kind of tune-up and maybe have some parts replaced (capacitors?). The tubes were new and it was still doing it the last time I powered it up (several years ago).

Can anyone offer me advice about what I should do to fix it so that I can sell it? Any idea how much that would cost and how long it would take? I'd like to get some advice before contacting a shop.

I am in Santa Rosa, CA. I bought it directly from the Petaluma factory.

Any advice would help. Thank you very much!
Michael

Since you live so close to Mesa you should just have them look at it. It cost me around $200 last time for a tune up and cap job. I wish I lived that close. I had to pay $137 today to ship the Mark IIc DRG I just bought back to Mesa for the c+ mod and tune up.

If you dont mind, just post pics & price to 505 331 2127 ...I'll drop it of in Petaluma on the way home.

It'd cost you around $300 to have Mike B @ Mesa go through it, full re-cap, maybe some new tubes as needed. I've done this a few times now. That said, do you want to do this first or sell it as-is and let the next guy do it?

You can PM me pics & price too, thanks.

Latest posts

Back