Mark 2C+ Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found a Mark 2C+ amp for sale locally. Its serial number is in range of an original 2C+, it has the pull deep knob, and it passes the effects loop test with flying colors. I'm confused about the initials below the power cord though. It definitely isn't "MB". Are the initials in the photo below "RS"? Did Randall Smith do the final check on this amp???? Also, I'm confused about the lack of a "+" when it definitely is a 2C+ per the tests mentioned above.

There is also what I believe to be another "RS" on the circuit board pictured below.

Are these markings a rarity among Mark 2C+ amps?

Finally, what guage power cord do these amps require and where is the best place to purchase one in North America?

FourthNorseman said:
I found a Mark 2C+ amp for sale locally. Its serial number is in range of an original 2C+, it has the pull deep knob, and it passes the effects loop test with flying colors. I'm confused about the initials below the power cord though. It definitely isn't "MB". Are the initials in the photo below "RS"?
Looks like it.

Did Randall Smith do the final check on this amp????
He could have. It's not unusual.

Also, I'm confused about the lack of a "+" when it definitely is a 2C+ per the tests mentioned above
The lack of a "+" has been known to happen. That's another reason for the loop test.

There is also what I believe to be another "RS" on the circuit board pictured below.

Are these markings a rarity among Mark 2C+ amps?
Nope

Good to know. Thank you for the reply!

I'm also curious about this sticker:

It appears to be a purchase order number and a business name. The only Sound One I could find online was a mixing studio in New York that shut down years ago and a business in Texas. Neither fits with the part of the world this amp spent its entire life. Any ideas?

PS: the "DRGX" and "15" I understand.

FourthNorseman said:
Good to know. Thank you for the reply!

I'm also curious about this sticker:

It appears to be a purchase order number and a business name. The only Sound One I could find online was a mixing studio in New York that shut down years ago and a business in Texas. Neither fits with the part of the world this amp spent its entire life. Any ideas?

PS: the "DRGX" and "15" I understand.
My SOB chassis also has that sticker with a different PO box?
20150511_132230_1.jpg

Interesting! And yours also has the export transformer. I bet Sound One was an export business contracted by Mesa to sell the amps overseas.

More Pix!!

The cabinet is in remarkably good shape. The weight of the beast makes a good argument for an imbuya head from Mesa. Splitting up the weight would be good for the L5 S1 disc.

Export transformer, Simulclass, Reverb, EQ

Some **** fine sounding RCA valves.

I've been to many of the largest guitar shows and best guitar stores over the years, but never once stumbled upon a Mark 2C+. Finally found one! And this is a helluva amp. Does anybody out there agree?

FourthNorseman said:
I've been to many of the largest guitar shows and best guitar stores over the years, but never once stumbled upon a Mark 2C+. Finally found one! And this is a helluva amp. Does anybody out there agree?

:lol: Are you baiting us?!
Saying/ asking as there are quite a few who agree!
Just search the forum for C+ threads!

Latest posts

Back