Mark IIC+ 60 Watt

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Acquired a 60 watt IIC+ to go along with my Simul. Purchased a headshell from a BB member, new Reverb tank from Mesa and had my tech go through it. New glass all around. Install a chasis plug for the fan and added a cooling fan. Boogie heaven.

Very nice Boogies. I would like to have a head at some point. I recently aquired a 77 Mark I and an 81 Mark IIB bothe combos, also I have a 90 Studio 22+. I am in love with all three. 8)

Thanks for the kind words. Both of them sound fantastic but slightly differently. The combo is way to heavy to lug around so I will probably end up getting a head shell for it since I prefer the sound of a closed-back cabinet anyway and I have a 4-12 I can pair it with.

If your Simul has the 105 PT, you might find yourself smoking the STR440 tubes. That PT runs very high plate voltages (500+), and there are only a few tubes that are reliable up there.

I had the exact same Simul combo cab, turned it into a ++ head though. :)

builttorock2016 said:
GTS (board member) made me an awesome purple head shell for my Simul. Killer workmanship George!

Thinking of doing this with my 60 watt non-reverb GEQ combo. It is heavy as hell. Would I have to do anything besides screwing in the amp chassis into the new head case?

Heavy as hell is right, that is exactly why I did it plus I prefer the sound of a 412 with the head. I ordered the complete head shell from GTS with a new reverb tank, fan and Boogie logo. If you go that route, all you have to do is disconnect the speaker and reverb tank cables from your existing chassis, remove the 4 screws and transport it over to the head shell.

Very nice. I have a 60W DRG non-export Combos - much sweeter sounding with better cleans and more versatile distortion than the Simul DRGX I had. I think these 60W DGs and DRGs are real bargains in the amp world - remarkable sound. Definitely the sound suffers in the combo form - best going to a larger cab, I've found. I'll probably convert the combo to a head as well.

Congrats on your killer new IIC+ 60 watt head.

Here's my '84 60 watter along with my '83 MKIIC head combo and my '84 IIC+ Bubinga/Wicker Simul-Class Combo:

25593799376_03e394521c_b.jpg

25324341540_7011bb643b_b.jpg

GJgo said:
If your Simul has the 105 PT, you might find yourself smoking the STR440 tubes. That PT runs very high plate voltages (500+), and there are only a few tubes that are reliable up there.

I had the exact same Simul combo cab, turned it into a ++ head though. :)
Dear Sir, any good suggestion of the tube that fit for 105 PT? Thanks.

Back