Mark iii red stripe simuclass triode/pentode mod?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallclone

Reaction score
Just got a mark iii red stripe, simuclass and **** does this thing sound neutered! I had a mark iib 60/100 and that thing was LOUD and i thought for sure the mkiii would be the same.

Im going out on a limb here and blame the simuclass wirering.

I see some people adding a triode/pentode switch to the simuclass like the mkiv. My question is does this switch basically convert the amp to the same wirering a non simuclass would have or is that something all together different?

I added that DPDT switch to a green stripe Mark III that I had a while back. It does the same thing as the Mark IV switch is doing. Don't expect a huge volume increase, but more of a difference in feel when you play. The output transformer is the main difference in a 60/100 and a simul-class model of these amps. Just like switching to 60 watts takes away some of the bass and punch, triode takes away a little of the bite off the higher frequencies. It sounds to me like there may be something else going on with your amp.

Back